Sleeps 2 in a studio
Visit Britain 3 Stars
One of our most popular dog friendly cottages in the Lake District sleeps 2. Randel, named after the crag high on the side of Skiddaw, was originally a farmstead byre and is detached from the main barn conversion. Located adjacent to the rear garden area, the cottage enjoys all the facilities of Melbecks and looks out toward the small copse, frequented by red squirrels. Situated to the back of Melbecks are the heights of Cockup fell, Skiddaw and Ullock Pike, rising immediately behind Randel.
As a former farmstead byre, Randel features high beamed ceilings open to the eaves, with plenty of natural light from two gable windows, a roof Velux and window out on to the wooded garden. Entrance is directly into the studio accommodation, consisting of a well fitted kitchen, dining facilities for two, and a comfortable compact sitting/sleeping area. Armchairs give way across the room to a wrought iron double-bed. There is a separate shower room with WC and washbasin.
Randel provides both characterful and economical accommodation in beautiful surroundings leading directly on to Skiddaw fells.
- Bedrooms: Sleeps 2, open-plan studio double
- Bathrooms: Shower room with washbasin & WC
- All electricity included
- Electric storage & convector heating
- Bed linen and towels included
- Freeview Colour TV + DVD Player
- Fridge with ice compartment, Microwave, Electric cooker
- Parking for 1 – 2 cars
- Lawned and wooded grounds to 1 acre
- Games room – pool table, table football, table tennis
- Private water supply & drainage
- One dog by arrangement
Outside of Randel is a shared garden and games room.