Sleeps 6/7 in 3 bedrooms
Uldale is a recent conversion and occupies the original entrance and a large part of the old Grade II listed barn. To the rear of Melbecks, Uldale looks immediately out to Skiddaw, with the children’s play area, lawn and copse, offering plenty of space to relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery. Mainly of an upside down layout, Uldale makes the best use of natural light and beautiful views by locating its living space on the first floor.
Leading through the original barn entrance, which has retained its traditional large doors, Uldale has a slate floor hall way with attached utility and boot room, containing a washer, dryer and useful hanging racks. A glazed doorway opens to the downstairs hall, off which are a shower room and two bedrooms. The romantic double bedroom has a four poster bed and several stairs leading to a small area by the window, giving unique character to the room. Opposite is a spacious twin bedded room, with additional bed if required.
The dog-leg stairs rise directly into the open plan kitchen/dining and sitting area. A modern kitchen with beech units, a Velux window, and large table opens out to a comfortable sitting room with three sofas and “living flame” fire. Views of Skiddaw and Ullock Pike through the copse are to be enjoyed here. Also on the first floor is a further double bedroom, with a Velux window and en-suite bathroom.
Uldale Cottage Gallery
- Bedrooms: Sleeps 6 in 2 doubles and 1 triple (3 single beds)
- Bathrooms: Shower room with shower, washbasin and WC
- En-suite bathroom – bath with shower over, washbasin and WC
- All electricity included
- Electric storage & convector heating
- Bed linen and towels included, Cot & H/Chair optional extra
- Digital Colour TV & DVD Player
- Combined Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher
- Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, Electric cooker
- Parking for three cars
- Children’s play area within lawned and wooded grounds to 1 acre
- Shared Games Room – table tennis, pool table, DVD library & board games
- Private water supply & drainage
- Up to 3 dogs by arrangement
Week bookings begin on a Friday, but other days are sometimes possible so do please inquire. The minimum stay is for a week during April to October, and three nights in the Low Season (November to March excluding Christmas and New Year). Last minute 3-night short breaks are also available within two weeks of the holiday start date.
|Date||Week Price||2-Nights||Extra Night|
|Date||Week Price||3-Nights||Extra Night|
Uldale is named after the village and common which lie approximately 5 miles to the north of Melbecks. Uldale village is home to the Snooty Fox pub which serves excellent food, wine and beer. Mae’s Tearooms are also to be found in the village. The tearooms are a great place for lunch and afternoon tea. Local artists are also exhibited in the tearooms.